Friday, May 16, 2008

White Peacock

I remember Mrs. Peacock from Clue to be the blue piece. But, at the zoo we saw a beautiful WHITE peacock. It was completely white. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, so I have no proof. We were walking down the path from the polar bears and saw this fascinating bird blocking the path. He had his feathers all spread out and seemed agitated. He had no where to go. Both sides of the path were blocked with people flashing pictures. The sides of the path had heavy vegetation. And he was completely blocking the path with his feathers all out. Luckily he turned, and we crept by.

That was Elle's absolute favorite thing from the zoo. She had a list of 5 favorite things, but sneaking past the white peacock was tops. Bryn was terrified of the aquarium. She was not expecting to see fish and other creatures swimming right beside her. I probably could have prepped her more for that one. Having the zoo 5 miles away is nice. Within 15 minutes were we AT the zoo. I love cities!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice to be so close to the zoo! And in a city! Its so fabulous, eh? I enjoy the white peacocks too. The last time we went to the zoo the peacocks were all over the place because there was nobody around. They finally felt like they didn't have to hide. I feel so bad for your white peacock.

Myriah Cohen said...

I think mothers should prep their daughters a little more. There was so much i wish i knew...

Bronwyn said...

yup cities are the best! I haven't ever seen a white peacock- at least that I can remember.