Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cry Baby

One of my biggest concerns of the 3 kids transition was bedtime. I was sure it would be more difficult. I was wrong. The more cranky or sad Wade is, the faster the girls fall asleep. I don't understand it. I'll be trying to hold/read a book in my right hand and holding/bouncing Wade in my left and the girls fall asleep. It's great.

Today Bryn almost instantaneously fell asleep with Wade crying. I 'tried' to read Elle 'Beauty and The Beast', but eventually looked over at her, and she was totally out. My advice to you: If you're having troubles getting your kids to sleep, put a crying baby in the room(you can borrow one of mine). Your kids will be asleep in minutes.

Side Note: The post person delivered the wrong mail to our house today. I don't live on Beckert Ave!

5 comments:

A Woman Who LIVED said...

That is very exciting, one less thing to worry about when the next one comes. I am pretty much worried about everything to do with having more then one child. I want lots of them, but I have no idea how I am going to do it. I guess that is why they come one at a time. Feel free to post things like this as often as you like. :) You have such a beautiful family and congrats on the big move!

Unknown said...

That's great Jo! I find that Hadley's good at going to sleep too if I need to help a baby. Interesting...

Bronwyn said...

interesting!

Unknown said...

While my girls don't necessarily fall asleep when the baby needs me I do find that the baby's cry is sort of a lullaby. Its like the best white noise around. Glad your girls are doing so well.

The Studes said...

thats pretty funny jodie! You should write a book about" how crying babies help older siblings sleep"... lol