Monday, June 28, 2010

Sibling Class

On Saturday, we took the troops to the hospital where I'll be having our baby at for a 'Sibling Class'. We didn't really know what to expect, but I think it was a good time. Each kid got to choose a baby to take care of.
They learned how to change a diaper.

And how to swaddle and rock a baby to sleep while singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. They also got a 'I'm a Big Sister/Brother' coloring book and a Certificate declaring them ready to be a 'Big Sister/Brother'. There was a 12 hour newborn in the birthing center that they got to see too. Great fun!

So...baby Torah, your siblings are ready for you to come...and so am I. I'd like to be able to bend over again and relieve my toes from being little sausages. Plus...we're ready to meet you!!!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cool. Diaper changing skills would be nice to have around.

Rixa said...

That looks fun! So, I know I talked with you a while back about midwife/doctor options...what did you end up finding? Do you feel happy with what was available to you? I just hope you don't have a doctor who wants you to lie on your back again. Of course you can always ignore him but I know that's harder than it sounds when you're pushing a baby out!

Jodie said...

I found a great midwife group in San Luis (about 20 minutes from here) that deliver in a VERY 'natural birth' friendly hospital. I've been very impressed with them. I just hope it all works out as I've planned. It seems that it will. I'll keep you posted of course!

Melanie said...

What a great idea to help prep the kids and get them excited. I like how Wade decided against the diaper swaddle with his baby--the baby just looks so free and cool :)

The Samples Sampler said...

What a great idea! How fun for your kids!