Friday, January 29, 2010

An Excellent Day For Adventure

The rain had stopped (at least for now) and my kids all seemed relatively healthy, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to head out to see the butterflies. And miraculously, Myriah had the day off...so I knew it was going to be a killer day.
I've been once before with Brandon before we had any kids. When I went last time, the butterflies weren't doing much moving but it was still cool to see all the clumps of butterflies all over the place. Today, they were flying EVERYWHERE, which was super cool. I felt like I was in some mysterious oasis butterfly land. Very cool. Of course pictures don't really do it justice.
I tried to support the butterflies by buying the kids a...coloring book...
and butterfly tattoos!
Proof we made it there, for real.
How could I resist the opportunity to hit up the beach? I couldn't. Some say I'm obsessed (yes, you Myriah) and I think I am. We hadn't been to Pismo's beach yet, so we HAD to go. And, the highlight...swings!

and the cool guy swinging by Elle.
and triangle benches...and palm trees!

4 comments:

Sparklebot said...

If I offer a Sparklebot coloring book, would you support me? :)

Unknown said...

Jealous....yet again.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that there are swings on the beach! How cool is that?!

Myriah Cohen said...

Yea Swings!

And that guy had so much potential to be super creepy, but he turned out pretty cool. Just a random surfer from another country. He probably rode in from that country on the waves.