Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Exploring Pittsburgh

Before the weather turned not so nice, the girls, Wade and I set out on a nature hike. We walked along the Riverfront trail and made it to the cascading fountain between PNC Park and Heinz Field. I didn't see any signs prohibiting playing in the falls, so I let the girls put their feet in. Brandon claims there are signs at the top prohibiting water play, but he always sees kids playing in it.

Will I do this again? Without a question...YES!

Before. The girls are too interested looking at the river in front of them. There were probably boats going by or something. Maybe they are checking out the fountain at Point State Park.

During. I love that you can see some of the bridges of Pittsburgh in the background. This is really a beautiful spot.

After. It's hard to see how totally soaked the girls are. Wade somehow slept through the whole event while I basked in the sun.

I don't think I can effectively describe how great it is to live in Pittsburgh. There are so many great things to do. Never a dull moment. I have piles of pictures of things we've been doing and will post some of the great finds of Pittsburgh. There is also a great website that got me thinking about donating a gingerbread house made during Elle's birthday party. I'm not sure if anyone would buy it though :). It also got me excited to go ice skating downtown. Bring on the snow, baby!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rixa said...

I think I need a bigger city. There are definitely many boring moments here, although it's a big step up from Eureka.

Kent said...

I think I'm a city person as well - Durham has quite a few cool things to do, but I think I would like to live in a major city (pop>3million) at some point. But only if I could afford to live close to downtown.

Hailey said...

That looks like a lot of fun. i gotta get out more!.....Side note. How come your posts don't show the date?