At 7:30 this morning I thought I was doing great. Both girls were dressed (mostly) and I had already finished a load of the girls clothes in the washer. Determined to have another successful day of laundering, I stopped by the washer to change it on my way to put a plate in the kitchen. It was going to be a fast stop. I hurriedly started the transfer, when I noticed little white pearly squishy things. What's this? I thought. Not deterred, I continued the transfer, only to find more and more of the squishy pearls. By this time I'd figured it out...a diaper of some sort had made it into the wash. About 2/3 through the load I saw the culprit. A pretty Cinderella Pull-Up about 10 times it's original size sandwiched inside a 'pretty dress'. The entire clean-up took less than 5 minutes, but it reminded me to convince Elle to use our cloth training pants instead of the 'Princesses'.
Potty training has been going fairly well, which I attribute to a few things:
1. Bryn uses the potty too...so Elle thinks it's cool.
2. Candy as incentive. Elle loves candy, but rarely gets it....so when she successfully goes on the potty, she gets a small piece of candy (1/4 of a salt water taffy). It used to be a full taffy, but she had 4 in 20 minutes the first day. She really wanted the candy!
3. The Princess Pull-Ups. Cinderella, Ariel and Jasmine belong on girl's crotch.
4. She is very independent. She can do this all by herself and insists it so.
5. 'Pretty dresses'. They allow easy access and are fun to dance in. Elle is particular on which dresses are pretty. The dress her Grandma made last year is considered the prettiest followed by a hand-me down from Brianne, a cousin.
I'm sure there are more reasons, but Bryn is on the potty and Elle is putting tinsel on Bryn's head.
The plate is still by the washer.